Thursday, January 12, 2012

Crazy Iowa Weather!

I have lived in Iowa my entire life and not one year do I remember such a mild winter like we are having this year.  I have actually enjoyed winter because we have had record breaking temperatures and NO SNOW!  You hear the saying "only in Iowa you can have 70 degree weather one day then a blizzard the next day".  Well, the past 24 that saying has been true!  Yesterday, we enjoyed a record breaking high temperature of 54 degrees.  We played outside without our coats, we were carefree!
Yesterday
Today we endured blizzard like white-out conditions with frigid temperatures and wind chills in the negatives!  We didn't even get a chance to go outside today because it was so cold.
Today (my deck)
Only in Iowa can we have this kind of crazy weather!  I guess it is time we all accept that Winter is finally here.

No comments:

Post a Comment